Appreciating Art Education
from the MAF! Music Library
Art appeals to our senses and draws out interaction. Art excites us, soothes us, and brings us joy. The goal of art education should be to stimulate an aesthetic experience in the learner by introducing a variety of styles and media that bring an understanding of the visual arts.
- Art builds strong thinkers as students compare and contrast, problem solve, analyze, create and evaluate.
- Art becomes history as students see the relationship an earlier time had with art.
- Art becomes culture as students define the differences in the art of many countries and races of our world.
- Art becomes expression as students communicate their interests and values.
- Art draws out creativity as students work to define their own unique style.
Art education includes a broad scope of experiences to build up the whole child. Congratulations parents for supporting art in your school!